Friday, September 01, 2017

"ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified" from Visual Studio or BizTalk

Few days ago, testing my BizTalk solution on my local environment, I get all the time the same error: "ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve the connect identifier specified"

From my Oracle SQL Developer, it works perfect, then TNSNAMES.ORA have to be correct.

From my Server's Explorer in Visual Studio , I could connect to other TNS names, but I couldn't reach the server that I needed in that moment.

From my BizTalk application, with an oracledb WCF-Custom send port also I couldn't.

The solution in my case, was setting on Windows Environment Variables the property TNS_ADMIN with the value of my %ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin folder.

Then I had to restart my Visual Studio and the BizTalk Host Instances that use the oracledb WCF-Custom send port and all begins to work :-).


No comments: