Friday, April 21, 2017

Logic Apps and EDI (I)

When I began to write this post, my first intention was demonstrate how to migrate a BizTalk EDI Application to Logic Apps with Enterprise Integration Pack, but then I thought to begin with a simple scenario.

I took a sample EDI application in BizTalk from other post (see https://abhijitmahato.wordpress.com/category/biztalk-edi/) and try to implement the same with Logic Apps and Enterprise Integration Pack.


First, I add in my Integration Account, the "CompanyA" Party:

1) Go to your Integration Account
2) Select Partners
3) Click on Add
4) Insert this values:
    4.1 - Name, insert CompanyA
    4.2 - Qualifier, insert 1 - D-U-N-S (Dun & Bradstreet)
    4.3 - Value, insert COMPA123


Then, I add in my Integration Account, "MyCompany" Party:

1) Go to your Integration Account
2) Select Partners
3) Click on Add
4) Insert this values:
    4.1 - Name, insert MyCompany
    4.2 - Qualifier, insert ZZZ - Mutually Defined 
    4.3 - Value, insert BTSH123

With this Partners, I configured an Agreement between them, with "MyCompany" as Host Partner and "CompanyA" as Guest Partner:

1) Go to your Integration Account
2) Select Agreements
3) Click on Add
4) Insert this values:
    4.1 - Agreement Type, insert EDIFACT
    4.2 - Host Partner, select MyCompany
    4.3 - Host Identity, select ZZZ : BTSH123
    4.4 - Guest Partner, select CompanyA
    4.5 - Guest Identity, select 1 : COMPA123


And finally in this first post, I implement a Logic App that receives a file from a folder in OneDrive, check if an agreement exists and then copy the same file to another folder on OneDrive. This is my Logic App:


Now, If I upload an EDI message to OneDrive with the correct sender and receiver, this will be the execution and the raw outputs:



If I upload an EDI message to OneDrive with the incorrect sender and receiver, this will be the execution and the



To be continued....





No comments: